Assistant Professor of Leadership Studies and Political Science
M.A. Columbia University, History (2009)
Ph.D. Columbia University, History (2012)
Areas of Expertise
- U.S. political history
- 20th century U.S. history
- American Political Development
- The politics of historical memory
- The history of New York
LEAD 125 / PSCI 125(F)Visionaries, Pragmatists, and Demagogues: An Introduction to Leadership Studies
City of Ambition: FDR, La Guardia, and the Making of Modern New York (W.W. Norton, 2013).
Alan Brinkley: A Life in History, co-edited with David Greenberg and Moshik Temkin (Columbia University Press, 2018).
Shaped by the State: Toward a New Political History of the Twentieth Century, co-edited with Brent Cebul and Lily Geismer (University of Chicago Press, 2018).
“Trickle-Down Urbanism,” Dissent (2018).
“Cleo and the Compound Republic,” with Brent Cebul and Karen Tani, Publius: The Journal of Federalism (2017).
“Warnings from the Age of Marble,” The Atlantic (2015).
“What Made the Roosevelts the Roosevelts?” The New Republic (2014).
- American Historical Association
- American Political Science Association
- Business History Conference
- Organization of American Historians
- Urban History Association
- Faculty Review Panel
- Leadership Studies Program